Discovering Your Civil War Ancestors is coming up on Saturday, August 11. If you haven’t yet signed up, call or email us today. You won’t want to miss this day-long event with talks by local researcher and reenactor John P. Gurnish and certified genealogist Amy Johnson Crow.
On Wednesday, August 22 from 6:30-8 pm, we will offer a Getting Started in Family History class at the Mogadore Branch Library. Sign ups are not required for this class.
Our summer genealogy classes at Main Library are full, but the following fall classes still have spots available if you’re interested in signing up. All take place on a Saturday from 10-noon.:
- Getting Started in Family History – September 8
- Getting Started in African American Genealogy – September 22
- Branching Out: Second Steps in Genealogy Research – October 13
- Finding Your Family in the US Census – October 27
- Using Ancestry in Your Genealogy Research – November 10
- Finding Your Immigrant Ancestor – November 17
Other learning opportunities include the programs of the Summit County Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society and summer genealogy classes at Stark County District Library.
Image: A portrait of Grove L. Heaton from General Alvin Coe Voris’ Civil War Photo Album, from the Civil War Collection contributed to Summit Memory by the Summit County Historical Society of Akron, OH.