Summit County Reads Dreamland
Join Summit County in reading the compelling book Dreamland: The True Tale of America’s Opiate Epidemic. Award-winning author Sam Quinones will speak at Akron-Summit County Main Library on Wednesday, April 12 @ 7 PM, doors open at 6:30.
Since its release in 2015, this monumental book has garnered award after award.
National Book Critics Circle Award Nonfiction
- Amazon.com’s Best Books of the Year 2015
- Finalist L.A. Times Book Prize
- Michael Botticelli, U.S. Drug Czar (Politico) Favorite Book of the Year
- Angus Deaton, Nobel Prize Economics (Bloomberg/WSJ) Best Books of 2015
- Matt Bevin, Governor of Kentucky (WSJ) Books of the Year
- Slate.com’s 10 Best Books of 2015
- Entertainment Weekly’s 10 Best Books of 2015
- Buzzfeed’s 19 Best Nonfiction Books of 2015
- The Daily Beast’s Best Big Idea Books of 2015
- Seattle Times’ Best Books of 2015
- Boston Globe’s Best Books of 2015
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Best Books of 2015
- The Guardian’s The Best Book We Read All Year
- Audible’s Best Books of 2015
- Texas Observer’s Five Books We Loved in 2015
- Chicago Public Library’s Best Nonfiction Books of 2015
In preparation for the author’s visit to Summit County on April 12, 2017, we invite you to read this book. Contact your local library about checking this title out and join us at https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/212889-summit-county-reads-dreamland (Summit County Reads Dreamland) for online discussion.
Additional community meetings throughout the day, soon to be announced. For more information, contact the Business & Government Division of the Akron-Summit County Public Library, 330-643-9020.
For available copies of Dreamland: The True Tale of America’s Opiate Epidemic, check out our catalog.